Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 4 - Completed painting 24 x 36 inch oil Birches in Snow

I finished this painting today and I am happy with the results.  As I said in previous posts I love this color mixture and i think keeping the color palette simple resulted in a nice piece.  The size is a little larger than I have been doing lately, and I think I may go even larger in the near future.  It really makes a statement on the wall when the painting is large and colorful and also the texture can be seen more clearly.  This piece was done entirely with a selection of different size palette knives.  Nothing beats a palette knife for keeping the painting fresh and painterly.  It is very hard to get finicky details with a knife so it works well when you don't want too much realism in your work.
24 x 36 inch oil
SOLD

No comments: